LAB KIT USE
Follow these steps to properly use your Lab-Kit:
1. Remove the protective film from the surfaces of the stage components. Mount the stage as indicated in the instructions on the packaging.
2. If you use the Ultra lens, mount the thickest (4mm) transparent support for the prepared slide, in order to reduce the distance between the lens and the slide; this thickest plate is slot with a little inclination. If you use the Micro lens, mount the 3mm-thick transparent plate.
3. Place the smartphone, with your Blips well aligned onto the camera, on the stage.
Note: If your phone slips down along the rails (it could happen with very glossy phones) put one of the black rubber bands around the mounted stage as in the picture here below, for improving the grip.
4. Vertically align the light source under the sample. The light source MUST be aligned with the Blips lens for getting proper imaging.
5. Slightly tilt the smartphone to understand if the sample is too far, or too close to the lens.
6. Shift the smartphone up or down along the sloping part of the stage, in order to find the proper distance between the sample and the lens.
7. If the distance between the lens and the sample is too far, place the provided transparent foils under the glass slide to lift up the sample at the proper distance, as indicated on the card inside the box.
8. Align the light source under the sample and repeat the steps 4-7 until the sample is well in focus. The light should be with highest intensity in the center of the field of view, under the sample.
9. Digitally zoom the sample for performing a fine tuning of the focal distance and of the light alignment; repeat the previous steps, if needed. If the sensor is saturated also when the lens is well aligned, then switch off the external light source and turn on the smartphone torch.